Welcome Lions and Wolves from everywhere!

Go Lions WIN! - GO WOLVES!

Thursday 31 March 2011

Rematch with Dallas lies ahead...

I couldn't bring myself to add a picture of Jon Kitna running in the endzone so I added one of him running where it looks like we tackle him in the end...
Yes of all the losses last season this one stung me the most. Not just because of my severe hatred of Dallas but because of how stupidly the momentum swung. We had them right where we wanted them. We had the lead. we forced a dallas safety, we were in control. We punted and John Wendling does an incredible job of stopping the ball at the Dallas 1 yard line...and then WHAT???

The Schwartz does not like what he sees...and neither did I! Firstly, credit to McCann for attempting the kick return in the first place. But he CLEARLY runs out of bounds. However, the referees do not have the review available because they have gone to a commercial break! What kind of ridiculousness is that?? And for all the awesome technology in Dallas' new stadium they can't rewind and review? I never heard anything that ridiculous happen to the Lions all of last season! (oh wait..."process of the catch" oops my bad)

I was THRILLED to see we get a rematch at Dallas stadium this upcoming season. The Lions crumbled somewhat and some of the players call out members of the team after allowing the game to then slip away. Then came the thanksgiving week where again the Lions crumbled in the 4th quarter after fighting well for 3. We need to go to Dallas next year and finish the job.

Maybe it is something in the air at Dallas' beautiful new stadium but the other thing I clearly remember from that game is the 'horse-collar that wasn't' by Suh. 2 weeks later he would follow it up with the 'illegal contact on Cutler out of the pocket that wasn't illegal' Both resulted in first and goal situations that led to TDs which shouldn't have happened.
I'm just hoping by the time we roll to Dallas again the referees have got all the bad calls out of their system...

Despite them being tagged as superbowl favourites last season I never believed it. Not because I hate Dallas but they just have too many problems across their squad. Now that they pick 9th in the draft everyone has realised just how many holes their squad has. If they go 8-8 next year in their division they'll do well and I reckon they finish 3rd again ahead of the Redskins.

No comments:

Post a Comment